Learning Beyond the Classroom (LBC)
Learning Beyond the Classroom (LBC) counts towards your General Education credits! The Department of Diversity and Community Involvement is a great place to fulfill the LBC requirements.
Confused about Learning Beyond the Classroom?
It's simple, students need to complete two (2) of the six (6) categories to fulfill this requirement.
Through DCI students have the opportunity to completely the following:
- Community Service, Citizenship, and Leadership.
- 20 Hours of meaningful service or leadership experience.
- Cultural and Academic Activities.
How to earn your LBC with VISION?
To earn LBC credit for Group 2: Community Service, Citizenship and Leadership:
- Register for LBC with VISION here.
- Sign up for our e-mail list, check the calendar on this site for volunteer opportunities, or volunteer with one of our community partners on your own.
- Download and print the verification form and obtain confirmation from volunteer coordinators at your site each time you volunteer.
- When you complete 20 hours, turn in verification form to the VISION Volunteer Center.
- Complete the LBC reflection form.
For any LBC-related questios and to find out how many hours you've completed by volunteering with VISION, contact Jasmina Camo-Biogradlija at 734.487.9611 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To earn LBC credit for Group 3: Cultural and Academic Activities and Events:
- Sign in at any LBC-approved VISION events.