Historic Tour - Title
Eastern Michigan University EMU HOME
 
About EMUFuture StudentsCurrent StudentsAcademics & ResearchFaculty & StaffAlumni & FriendsAthletics & RecreationNews & Events
 
   

 

 

 



Home page





Eastern Michigan University
Ypsilanti, MI, USA 48197
University Information:
(734) 487-1849

 


Chronological Tour
Historic Tour > Chronological Tour > Hover Building

Hover Building

Date of Construction: 1941
Known Uses:
The building was
designed to house the Department of Biology laboratories, a greenhouse, and a plant laboratory and Biology Career Center. By 2001 the the building was no longer used for lab space, and the aging greenhouse was demolished. The Hover Building was thoroughly renovated in 2002 to house the University's Business and Finance division, which moved into the building in the spring of 2003.

Old Greenhouse

Form many years, the old greenhouse was a popular lunch spot. The college acquired it in 1941, but the building is believed to have been constructed about 1902.

Hover Building - being renovated

Hover Building being renovated in 2002

Hover Building

Hover Building currently houses the University's Business and Finance division

Hover Building

Another view of the Hover Building