Historic Tour - Title
Eastern Michigan University EMU HOME
 
About EMUFuture StudentsCurrent StudentsAcademics & ResearchFaculty & StaffAlumni & FriendsAthletics & RecreationNews & Events
 
   

 

 

 



Home page





Eastern Michigan University
Ypsilanti, MI, USA 48197
University Information:
(734) 487-1849

 


Chronological Tour
Historic Tour > Chronological Tour > King Hall

King Hall

Date of Construction: 1939
Known Uses:
Residence hall for women (1939-1971), housed the Music Department and Special Education Departments for a few years after 1971 and presently provides office space for Student Judicial Services, Office of the Dean of Students, Center for Environmental Information Technology and Applications (CEITA), WEMU student radio, Women’s Center and Women’s Commission.

King Hall and Goodison Hall

King Hall and its companion building Goodison (now demolished) were among the first dormitories built on Eastern Michigan’s campus

King Hall

King Hall - present

A wing of King Hall

A wing of the King Hall

King Hall - Portico

King Hall's Portico

King Hall Architectural Design

Details of the PWA Architectural Style - These architects and laborers were instrumental in developing the brick and pale stone style popular on the southern side of the campus.