Historic Tour - Title
Eastern Michigan University EMU HOME
 
About EMUFuture StudentsCurrent StudentsAcademics & ResearchFaculty & StaffAlumni & FriendsAthletics & RecreationNews & Events
 
   

 

 

 



Home page





Eastern Michigan University
Ypsilanti, MI, USA 48197
University Information:
(734) 487-1849

 


Chronological Tour
Historic Tour > Chronological Tour > Strong Hall

Strong Hall

Date of Construction: Groundbreaking on April 23, 1956 and completed during fall of 1957. It was dedicated on Feb. 28, 1958
Known Uses:
Strong Hall was planned to replace Sherzer as the home of science on campus. When it was built it housed the Natural sciences laboratory and classrooms. Currently, it houses the Geography and Geology Department and Physics and Astronomy Department.

Strong Hall

Strong Hall was constructed for $1,500,000 on the site of the old powerhouse. Its walls were painted with murals relating to the sciences in 1980

Strong Hall

Since its construction, Strong has become primarily a classroom and student laboratory building