Selecting a Career
Selecting a career in international business involves a careful study of yourself and your position in the global world. You need to take into consideration your personal, career, and lifetime goals that you are striving to achieve.
For example, your career goals may vary from making a living as a World language instructor in an exotic and remote area to becoming a very successful investments specialist in one of the busiest urban cities around the world. Below are five steps that one needs to follow in selecting and planning for his/her dream career:
1. What are you all about? Type of Personality? Languages? Ethical Origin and Culture? Traveling experience? Goals?
2. Look at various job titles and descriptions and try to determine what kind of jobs best match your personality?
3. After determining the right position, what is the industry that you would like to get involved with using this position?
4. What are some of the educational requirements that you need and where you can attain them?
5. What additional training do you need, such as internship, study abroad, work abroad, travel?