English as a Second Language
Top 10 Reasons To Study ESL at EMU
- Flexible admission options for students.
- Conditional ESL students have full degree admission to EMU.
- Conditional ESL students receive academic credit for each ESL course. Undergraduate students may apply ESL credits to elective course requirements in their graduation requirements. Graduate students may apply ESL credits to their program of study with the permission of their program advisor.
- When ESL students are in the 400 or 500 level, they may take courses in their major/program at the same time.
- All instructors have a PhD or Master’s degree in TESOL or a related field.
- The ESL Program is integrated on the EMU campus; it is not separated from the campus.
- Students have many opportunities to experience the culture by getting involved in student clubs, activities and organizations on campus.
- Students meet other students from all over the world.
- Students save money and graduate sooner by taking ESL classes for credit.
- ESL students have full access to EMU campus resources (computer labs, library, fitness facility, health center, campus life activities, etc.)