K-12 Teaching Majors
The Teacher Certification Programs in French, German, Japanese and Spanish are designed to prepare undergraduate and post-baccalaureate students for careers as World language teachers in elementary and secondary (K-12) school settings. Graduates of this program:
- demonstrate a high level of language competency and cross-cultural awareness.
- demonstrate that they know how to plan, prepare, and present lessons that offer students a range of opportunities to learn as defined by the national Standards for World Language Learning(1998).
- committed to all students and their learning, celebrate diversity and work effectively with diverse students, parents, and community members.
- reflective professionals who use technology effectively and who demonstrate professional dispositions and communication skills.
- K-12 certification programs in each of the four languages address the same core components (language, literature, civilization) and include required study abroad and capstone experiences.