What happens at Edge Orientation?
Resident students may choose to move in early on either Sunday, August 26 from 1 - 3 p.m., or Monday, August 27, at 3 p.m. All students will check in for Orientation by 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, August 28, in Pray Harrold (ground floor). If you're moving in on Sunday, make sure to bring enough money for Monday's food. The Edge Program will provide meals from Tuesday through Friday morning.
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday will be jam-packed with team-building, leadership activities, and workshops on EMU technology, life in the classroom, and financial aid. Friday morning, we'll prepare you to begin First Three Orientation with the rest of the student body. You'll already have an EDGE.
EMU Edge Program, F17 Semester
- 2017-2018 cohort: 2.80 average semester GPA
- More than 50% of all EMU Edge, BrotherHOOD, and SisterHOOD students completed the semester with at least a 3.0 GPA
- 59 students completed at least 120 hours at the Eagle Study Tables
- Those students' average semester GPA = 3.13
- 130 students completed at least 5 Success Coach meetings over the course of the semester
- Those students' average semester GPA = 2.94