Peer Academic Coaching
Virtual Study Rooms at HSC
Our Peer Academic Coaches (PAC) are offering small group virtual study room sessions.
Virtual Study Rooms (VSRs) give you a place to create a plan for your study session, then work individually or collaboratively in a break-out room to complete your task and achieve your goals.
Our Peer Academic Coaches (PACs) host virtual Skill Workshops each week to align with the goals of the UNIV 101L3 course. The content is different every week. Expect to learn a new study strategy or skill every time you go!
Peer Academic Coaching - Virtual
- Choose the "Holman Success Center" tile in the Academic Support section of the EMU Engage app, then "Peer Academic Coaches"
- Select your regular coach or choose a coach from the list
- Tap the provided link to schedule your meeting
- If no link is provided, you can email your coach for an online appointment
- Be sure to have your planner and any questions prepared before you begin the session!
Do you have a passion for success?
Apply today to be a Peer Academic Coach with HSC! We're recruiting dedicated students with a love of learning for the coming semester. Work study is accepted, but not required for this position.
- Successfully completed 24 credit hours (at least 12 at EMU)
- 3.0+ cumulative or most recent semester GPA
- Able to commit to 10-15 hours/week
- Attend 2-day training workshop just before Fall semester
- Attend ongoing weekly training and professional development
- Forge relationships with students, other PACs, faculty, and staff as part of the HSC team
- Competitive pay and on-campus or virtual work
- Leadership opportunities
- Great resume builder, especially for students pursuing majors in education and/or social work
Mission and Vision
The goal of this program is two-fold; to increase the retention and persistence of first-year students admitted to the University, with special attention given to those students admitted through the EMU Edge Program, and to increase the retention, persistence and academic success of those students employed by the Holman Success Center as Peer Academic Coaches.
Who We Are
Read our PAC bios.
Peer Academic Coaches assist in UNIV classrooms, Eagle Study Tables, and Edge Study Groups and workshops; meet with students one-on-one and in small groups: and help us in our creation of a community on campus. Meeting with a Peer Academic Coach can help you with:
- Time management and organization
- Study tools and strategies
- Finding scholarships and on-campus job opportunities
- Exploring your interests, relevant groups and student organizations on campus
- Learning how to advocate for yourself
- Developing strategies to improve your campus experience
- Referrals to other resources on campus