Peer Academic Coaching
New! Virtual Skill Workshops and Study Rooms with HSC!
Our Peer Academic Coaches (PAC) are offering small group virtual mini-workshops, designed to help you develop the skills you need to be a successful college student. Special attention is given to the unique challenges experienced by students entering college for the first time in a completely virtual environment.
Study Rooms give you a place to create a plan for your study session, then work individually or collaboratively in a break-out room to complete your task and achieve your goals.
Peer Academic Coaching - Virtual
- Choose the "Holman Success Center" tile in the Academic Support section of the EMU Engage app, then "Peer Academic Coaches"
- Select your regular coach or choose a coach from the list
- Tap the provided link to schedule your meeting
- If no link is provided, you can email your coach for an online appointment
- Be sure to have your planner and any questions prepared before you begin the session!
Do you have a passion for success?
Apply today to be a Peer Academic Coach with HSC! We're recruiting dedicated students with a love of learning for the Fall 2020 semester.
Mission and Vision
The goal of this program is two-fold; to increase the retention and persistence of first-year students admitted to the University, with special attention given to those students admitted through the EMU Edge Program, and to increase the retention, persistence and academic success of those students employed by the Holman Success Center as Peer Academic Coaches.
Who We Are
Read our PAC bios.
Peer Academic Coaches assist in UNIV classrooms, Eagle Study Tables, and Edge labs, meet with students one-on-one and in small groups, and help us in our creation of a community on campus. Meeting with a Peer Academic Coach can help you with:
- Time management and organization
- Study tools and strategies
- Finding scholarships and on-campus job opportunities
- Exploring your interests, relevant groups and student organizations on campus
- Learning how to advocate for yourself
- Developing strategies to improve your campus experience
- Referrals to other resources on campus