Fall 2020 Office Hours
All students should refer to President Smith's email and update as of August 24 concerning on-campus offices. We will update this space as information becomes available and/or plans continue to adapt to our changing situation.
The Holman Success Center suite in G04 Halle Library will have one staff member working each day from
Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
We will not be meeting with students in this space. Instead, face-to-face Success Coach meetings will be held in the Eagle Study Tables area, first floor South Commons area of Halle Library. Staff will be available in this space from Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 5p.m., for students who need to check out materials from our Bottles for Books book loan program.
A limited number of students may use the Eagle Study Tables space for individual, quiet study time. The space is available by reservation only.
Our primary means of contact is via email.
- HSC: [email protected]
- Edge Program: [email protected]
- Director, Christine Deacons: [email protected]
- Coordinator, Tracey Sonntag: [email protected]
- Success Coaches
- Peer Academic Coaches
- Supplemental Instruction Leaders
Have questions? Ask us!
Fall 2020 Syllabus Language
Instructors can insert our template language into their course syllabi to alert students of available support services:
The Holman Success Center provides various academic support services to help guide students throughout their college careers. Services offered through the HSC are free to all EMU students.
- Tutoring and Supplemental Instruction (SI) services:
- assist students with content in their courses and help students stay on track. Tutoring and SI sessions are held virtually via Zoom or Google Meet.
- View the drop-in tutoring schedule and access Zoom meeting links.
- View the supplemental instruction schedule and access Zoom meeting links.
- Success coaches and peer academic coaches (PACs):
- help with general academic study habits, tracking goal progress, finding scholarships, transitioning to an online learning format, and more!
- Success coaches and PACs are available to meet virtually via Zoom or Google Meet to help guide your academic success
- Textbooks and a limited number of Chromebooks are available to be checked out by appointment while in the Eagle Study Tables area. See the Book Loan Program section in the Academic Support tile of the EMU Engage app for a full list of titles.
All academic support services through the HSC are intended to help students strive towards academic and personal success and offer support and encouragement along the way. More information about the academic support programs offered through the Holman Success Center website or in the “Academic Support” section of the EMU Engage mobile app.