Definitions & Outcomes
- Bystander: Someone who sees a potentially dangerous situation, is concerned, but does nothing
- Bystander effect: Social phenomenon in which the presence of others reduces helping behavior
- Better able to understand the bystander effect.
- Increased knowledge about the multiple factors that influence a person’s willingness to help.
- Greater ability to analyze a situation and assess whether to act.
- Greater awareness of skills to use to when addressing discriminatory behavior (e.g., regarding mental illness, harassment, bullying).
- Increased sense of personal responsibility to take action.
Infographics & Annual Data