NOTE: If you are receiving VA Educational Benefits for the first time or transferring your VA Educational Benefits to EMU; you are required to complete a mandatory orientation. For updated Orientation Dates and Times, go to www.emich.edu/veterans, click on "About Us" then "News". Failure to complete the mandatory orientation will delay the processing of your VA Educational Benefits which may cause you financial hardship.
NOTE: You may incur a debt, your enrollment may not be processed, your paperwork may be terminate if one of the following applies:
- Major/Minor declared with the VA office conflicts with the program of study declared with Records & Registration
- Enrolled in classes not required for your Major/Minor
- Received failing grade for unofficial withdrawal of course(s)
- On academic probation for three terms and cumulative GPA below 2.0
- Repeating course(s) already successfully completed
- Withdrawing from a course or courses
- Adding a course without proper notifications to the EMU VA office
NOTE: You are responsible for knowing the rules and regulations of the VA Educational Program. Check the VA website for updates and explanation of benefits.