I-20 Shipment Instructions
The Office of International Admissions uses University Express Mail Services to manage I-20 shipments. Your documents will be shipped by DHL, FedEx, or UPS and typically arrive 3-5 days after they are sent. Your I-20 will be sent at your expense and your credit card (Visa, Mastercard, or Discover only) will be charged upon requesting the service. To request express mailing of your documents, follow these steps:
- Register and activate your free account at University Express Mail Services.
- Click the “Receive” option.
- Type “Eastern Michigan University” in the search box or select it from the drop down list.
- Select “Eastern Michigan University” and then "Continue."
- Select the specific university department “Office of International Admissions” and then "Continue."
- Complete the shipping form, using your student ID (E00000000) and select "Ship/Quote."
- On the same page, complete the credit card information form.
- Select "Confirm" to advance to the shipment summary page.
- EMU will automatically be notified by University Express Mail Services (eShipGlobal) that you have requested your documents via express mail. You can track the shipment using the tracking number provided.
- Receive your documents in 3–5 business days from the date of mailing.
If you experience any difficulty in registering and processing the shipment, please use the “Help” link on the website for step-by-step instructions. If you have additional questions about how to use this service, please e-mail [email protected].
If you would like to pick up your I-20 document, please contact the Office for International Admissions at[email protected] or 734.487.0205 to make those arrangements. If someone else will be picking up the document on your behalf, you must arrange an appointment time for this individual and submit a release form [PDF] before we can release your I-20. Please note that an I-20 may only be shipped or released in-person to the student, his or her dependents, or, for minors, to the parent or guardian of the student.