Customized scholarships & affordability for new students
First-Year Scholarship Opportunities
It's time for your hard work to pay off.
Eastern Michigan University is one of the most affordable and best-valued institutions in the country. EMU's Global Tuition Rate eliminates out-of-state fees for undergraduate students, allowing all undergraduate students from the US - and around the world - to pay in-state rates. Combined with our generous scholarship offerings, an EMU education can put your success truly within reach. Our students graduate with the skills the are needed to be successful in the real world! The facts speak for themselves:
88% of EMU graduate are employed within 6 months of graduation
EMU is ranked in the Top 100 universities for social mobility by U.S. News and World Report
EMU awards millions of dollars in academic scholarships each year and almost all of our students receive some form of financial aid aid.
93% of first-year students receive an Emerald Scholarship
42% of first-year students are eligible for the Pell Grant
Scholarships are customized based on a mixture of criteria and considerations:
- Award: up to $7,500 per year
- Eligibility: Based on cumulative high school GPA. (In some cases, test scores may be required.)
- Consideration: Automatic. Awarded at the time of admission
- Renewable? Yes
- Text your graduation year (i.e. 2023) to 734.480.8311 and follow the prompts to receive a personalized scholarship estimate!
Eastern Tuition Advantage (ETA)
- Award: Full tuition minus federal aid
- Eligibility: 3.0 cumulative high school GPA and an adjusted gross family income of < $60,000 as determined by the FAFSA
- Consideration: Automatic. Awarded at time of financial aid awarding
- Renewable? Yes
- Deadline: February 15 for Fall 2023 consideration
4WARD Graduation Scholarship
- Award: Full-tuition years 3 and 4, with a locked-in rate for years 1 and 2
- Eligibility: 3.0 cumulative high school GPA. Recipients must live in an on-campus community for all four years.
- Award: Full tuition and room & board
- Eligibility: Application Required. Minimum 3.5 cumulative high school GPA and 1200+ SAT (critical reading and math)/25+ ACT (highest composite) required for application.
- Deadline and Application: For more information and to apply, Presidential Scholarship page.
- Please note: Scholarship criteria may be changed/adapted from year-to-year. Criteria listed above applies for Fall 2023.