First-Year Scholarship Opportunities
Eastern Michigan University is one of the most affordable and best-valued institutions in the country. EMU's Global Tuition Rate eliminates out-of-state fees for undergraduate students, allowing all undergraduate students from the U.S.—and around the world—to pay in-state rates.
Scholarships are customized based on a mixture of criteria and considerations:
- Award: up to $8,000 per year
- Eligibility: Based on cumulative high school GPA. (GPA on a 4.0 scale)
- Consideration: Automatic. Awarded at the time of admission
- Renewable? Yes
- Please note: Scholarship awards are contingent upon verification of admission criteria via official transcripts or test scores (if applicable).
|High School GPA||Award Amount|
|3.75 or higher||$8,000|
|3.5 to 3.74||$7,000|
|3.25 to 3.49||$6,000|
|3.0 to 3.24||$5,500|
|2.75 to 2.99||$4,000|
Eastern Tuition Advantage (ETA)
- Award: Full tuition minus federal aid
- Eligibility: 3.0 cumulative high school GPA and an adjusted gross family income of < $60,000, or Pell Grant eligibility as determined by the FAFSA
- Consideration: Automatic. Awarded at time of financial aid awarding
- Renewable? Yes
- Deadline: March 15 for Fall 2024 consideration
- Award: Full tuition and room & board
- Eligibility: Application Required. Minimum 3.5 cumulative high school GPA and 1200+ SAT (critical reading and math)/25+ ACT (highest composite) or 3.85+ GPA only required for application.
- Deadline and Application: For more information and to apply, Presidential Scholarship page.
- Please note: Scholarship criteria may be adapted from year-to-year. Criteria listed above applies for Fall 2024.
4WARD Graduation Scholarship
- Award: Full-tuition years 3 and 4, with a locked-in rate for years 1 and 2
- Eligibility: 3.0 cumulative high school GPA.
- Please note: Recipients must live in an on-campus community for all four years.