Customized scholarships & affordability for new students
First Year Scholarship Opportunities
It's time for your hard work to pay off.
Eastern is one of the most affordable and best-valued institutions in the country. EMU's Global Tuition Rate eliminates out-of-state fees for undergraduate students, allowing all undergraduate students from the US - and around the world - to pay in-state rates. Combined with our generous scholarship offerings, an EMU education can put your success truly within reach.
EMU awards millions of dollars in academic scholarships each year and 97% of students receive some form of financial aid aid. Scholarships are customized based on a mixture of criteria and considerations:
- Award: $1,000–$7,500 per year
- Eligibility: Based on cumulative high school GPA. (In some cases, test scores may be required.)
- Consideration: Automatic. Awarded at the time of admission
- Renewable? Yes
- Text your graduation year (i.e. 2021) to 467-467 and follow the prompts to receive a personalized scholarship estimate!
Education First Opportunity Scholarship (EFOS)
- Award: Full tuition minus the Pell Grant
- Eligibility: 3.0 cumulative high school GPA or higher. Pell Grant Eligibility via FAFSA. Note: Test score requirements removed for Fall 2021 applicants
- Consideration: Automatic. Awarded at time of financial aid awarding
- Renewable? Yes
- Deadline: February 15 for Fall 2021 consideration
- Award: Full-tuition years 3 and 4, with a locked-in rate for years 1 and 2
- Eligibility: 3.0 cumulative high school GPA. Recipients must live in an on-campus community for all four years.
- Learn more on the 4WARD website.
- Award: Full tuition and room & board
- Eligibility: Application Required. Minimum 3.5 cumulative high school GPA and 1200+ SAT (critical reading and math)/25+ ACT (highest composite) required for application.
- Deadline and Application: For more information and to apply, Presidential Scholarship page.
- Please note: Scholarship criteria may be changed/adapted from year-to-year. Criteria listed above applies for Fall 2021.