The Presidential Scholarship
Eastern Michigan’s Presidential Scholarships are awarded competitively using the application process detailed below. Qualified students apply to receive our largest academic award.
In addition to completing the application process, interested prospective students will need to meet the following criteria:
- Be officially admitted to EMU as a traditional incoming Freshman for Fall 2021
- Applicants must have at least a 3.5** cumulative GPA and 25 composite ACT or 1200 SAT (Critical Reading + Math)
- Visit campus on or after January 1st, 2020 (Approved visit programs include official campus visits and virtual visits)
- Complete application information (detailed below) by January 4, 2021.
The application for the Presidential Scholarship consists of two portions:
- Students must register for the Presidential Scholarship by December 18, 2020. (Registration will become available in August 2020.)
- Once registered, you will receive an email with our required supplemental application.
All required materials must be submitted by January, 4, 2021 at 4:59 p.m.
Application Deadline and Additional Important Dates
- August 2020: Registration becomes available.
- December 18, 2020: Registration Deadline. All students must register for the Presidential Scholarship by this date.
- January 4, 2021: All application materials mentioned in eligibility criteria (including campus visit) must be completed and turned in by this date at 4:59 p.m. No exceptions will be made!
- You must be officially admitted with all documents submitted to EMU by January 4 to be qualified.
- January 20, 2021: Students will be notified about moving on to second round by this date.
- February 6, 2021: Save the Date! All selected finalists will be welcomed to campus to continue on in the competition.
**If your school does not weight grades for honors or AP/IB courses, we'll review your transcripts and recalculate, if necessary.