Apply to be a Certified Tour Guide
The Admissions Welcome Center is hiring student tour guides!
Did you take a tour of Eastern before you enrolled? Now is your chance to offer that experience to future Eagles!
Based in the Student Center, our student tour guides offer campus tours to prospective students and their guests Monday through Friday and on select Saturdays. In addition to a fun, energetic work environment, the Admissions Welcome Center is a great place to hone your professional skills while sharing your passion for Eastern Michigan University!
Being a Certified Tour Guide means you will:
- Give tours to prospective students and families
- Mingle with guests to make them feel comfortable and welcome
- Share your experiences with prospective students
- Work at major admissions events (on and off campus) to promote EMU
- Develop your professional skills and abilities
- Have fun with your new Admissions Welcome Center family!
Learn more at one of our information sessions
If you’re interested in learning more about the position, come to an information session and talk to our current tour guides! You can learn about their experience in the office, ask them questions, AND you can have food — on us (refreshments are first come, first served!). Everybody is welcome - you do not have to live in the residence hall where the event is being hosted in order to attend.
- Monday, September 9 at 6 p.m. in Sellers Hall lounge
- Tuesday, September 10 at 6 p.m. in Best Hall lounge
- Wednesday, September 11 at 6 p.m. in Walton Hall lounge
- Thursday, September 12 at 2 p.m. in Student Center Room 310B
- Thursday, September 12 at 6 p.m. in Downing Hall lounge
The application will close on September 20.
Questions? Reach out to us at 734.487.6453.