Alumni Association Duties of the Board
The 24 member Alumni Association Board of Directors is the governing body of the Alumni Association. Board members are responsible for:
- Maintaining an active membership with the Alumni Association
- Donating to the University
- Promoting membership in the Alumni Association
- Representing Eastern Michigan University in a positive way
- Attending all regular board meetings each year
- Actively participate as a member of one of the board committees:
- Outreach and Community Service
- Attending alumni events related to Homecoming and the Annual Alumni Awards Dinner and Ceremony.
Requirements of an Alumni Association Board Member:
- Participate in four (4) Saturday board meetings.
- Participate in three (3) Alumni Association or Foundation events a year.
- Make a financial contribution of $125 per year (minimum) to the EMU Foundation to a program or cause of your choice. A $25 credit will be applied if the Director has an EMU license plate.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Board of Directors, please contact the Office for Alumni Relations at 734/487-0250 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can submit the online application form.
Elections are held at a Board of Directors meeting in April.