Road to Completion Scholarship
The Mandell and Madeleine Berman Foundation made a commitment to Eastern Michigan University (EMU) and the students of Detroit by establishing the Road to Completion (R2C) Scholarship. The scholarship is designed to encourage undergraduate students who are near graduation but require additional support to complete their degree. It allows students to concentrate on their studies and achieve their educational goals by alleviating financial obstacles.
"No one starts taking courses at a university with the intention of not getting their degree," Bill Berman said. "But sometimes there are so many obstacles to overcome, it can be difficult to continue. We set up this scholarship to encourage students to finish what they started, to get their degree and pursue their dreams."
The R2C Scholarship awards eligible students up to $5,000 for one academic year.
- Graduated from a high school located in the city of Detroit or reside in the city of Detroit
- Be of senior status, graduating within two semesters
- Have a minimum of 95 undergraduate credits
- Demonstrate financial need through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Be in good academic standing
- Have no outstanding student account balance
Priority is given to students who demonstrate the following:
- Students returning to complete a degree
- Students registered full time (at least 12 credit hours)
- Students who participate in ASP Scholarship 101 Writing Workshop
- Students with a cumulative GPA of 2.0–3.0 GPA (who typically do not qualify for merit-based aid)
R2C Writing 101 Workshop Sessions*
*There are currently no workshop sessions scheduled. Check back later for dates and times.