GEAR-UP at EMU (KCP College Day)
GEAR-UP at EMU will now be referred to as the KCP College Day Program. The services provided to students through the GEAR-UP program will now be offered through the KCP College Day Program. This program will continue to support students in local communities, under the direction of the Academic Success Partnerships (ASP) office.
About the National Program
- GEAR-UP is distinctive in that it operates around the fundamental premise that college and career readiness begins early.
- Nationally, GEAR UP serves approximately 707,970 students enrolled in over 3,842 secondary schools across 44 states.
- GEAR UP at EMU served 1,200 students.
- 50% of the program is funded by the United States Department of Education, and the other 50% by EMU, local school districts and community partners.
- Program funds are also used to provide college scholarships to participating students.
- A six-year grant was awarded to provide services at select middle and high schools.
- GEAR UP serves an entire cohort of students beginning no later than the seventh grade and follow the cohort through their first year of college.