Advocacy, awareness, and training about supporting students who have experienced foster is something that all professionals should be well-versed in.
Our MAGIC staff members are experts when it comes to supporting students who have experienced foster care and would love the opportunity to help educate others.
MAGIC representatives are available for professional speaking engagements, tabling events, student/staff panels, and presentations on a variety of topics including but not limited to:
- Authentic student engagement
- Trauma-informed practice
- Campus based support program development
- Cultural competency vs. cultural humility
- The impact of foster care on students
- The impact of trauma on student achievement
- An introduction to resources available to alumni of foster care
For outreach opportunities, please contact Le'Shay Webb at [email protected].