Pease Auditorium is a classic concert hall on the campus of Eastern Michigan University. Located at the intersection of West Cross Street and College Place in Ypsilanti, it is an ideal facility for lectures, small commencement ceremonies and concerts of varying types.
Originally built in 1914, Pease Auditorium has been renovated three times: in the late 1950s, in 1960 to accommodate installation of an Aeolian/Skinner organ and most recently in 1995 when complete interior refurbishing was completed and an addition was constructed. The auditorium was also made completely barrier free.
In 2007-2008 extensive renovations were made to refurbish the front façade. All terra cotta ornamentation was removed and structural repairs were made within its distinctive grand entrance. These renovations have helped make Pease Auditorium a magnificent arts venue, featuring a modernized environment that is essential to the success of all Pease Auditorium events.