National Day on Writing
Join the Eastern Michigan University Office of Campus and Community Writing (C2W) in celebrating the National Day on Writing, Saturday, October 20, 2018. We have come up a number of fun ways for K-12 schools, universities, community groups, and libraries to promote and encourage writing throughout the month of October.
Check out some of these exciting ideas [PDF] and then share pictures and short descriptions of your various writing experiences with Mona Beydoun at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to post your activities on social media, please use #EMUNDoW18.
EMU’s Office of Campus and Community Writing (C2W) collaborates with university, school, and community partners to celebrate, support, and empower writers and writing instruction across disciplines from early childhood, through secondary, and into college, career, and civic contexts.
C2W houses these campus programs:
- University Writing Center
- Writing Across the Curriculum
- Eastern Michigan Writing Project
- Disciplinary Literacies
- Family Literacy
C2W works in partnership with:
- Faculty Development Center (Cognitive Coaching and Adaptive Schools)
- Engage @EMU, including Bright Futures and Upward Bound
- Washtenaw Intermediate School District
- Community organizations like Habitat for Humanity, Ypsilanti District Library, and Ann Arbor District Library
- Area schools, including high school writing centers
We actively seek new partners with community and educational groups throughout southeastern Michigan.