EMU’s Office of Campus and Community Writing (C2W) collaborates with university, school, and community partners to celebrate, support, and empower writers and writing instruction across disciplines from early childhood, through secondary, and into college, career, and civic contexts.
C2W houses these campus programs:
- University Writing Center
- Writing Across the Curriculum
- Eastern Michigan Writing Project
(Including Inkstains and the Summer Institute)
- Disciplinary Literacies
- Family Literacy
C2W works in partnership with:
- Faculty Development Center
- Engage @EMU, including Bright Futures and Upward Bound
- Washtenaw Intermediate School District
- Community organizations like Habitat for Humanity, Ypsilanti District Library, and Ann Arbor District Library
- Area schools, including high school writing centers
We actively seek new partners with community and educational groups throughout southeastern Michigan.
For more information, view our videos on Celebrating the National Day on Writing and on the Office.