Writing Across the Curriculum Seminar - Spring 2019
May 15-17, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
The Writing Across the Curriculum (WAC) Seminar is an established professional enrichment experience focused on helping instructors plan and offer courses infused with writing. It is for any interested post-secondary faculty member or instructor who wishes to incorporate writing into their general education or disciplinary courses. For more information, download the WAC Seminar flyer [PDF]. To register, go to our registration page. Contact Ann Blakeslee for more information.
EMU’s Office of Campus and Community Writing (C2W) collaborates with university, school, and community partners to celebrate, support, and empower writers and writing instruction across disciplines from early childhood, through secondary, and into college, career, and civic contexts.
C2W houses these campus programs:
- University Writing Center
- Writing Across the Curriculum
- Eastern Michigan Writing Project
- Disciplinary Literacies
- Family Literacy
C2W works in partnership with:
- Faculty Development Center (Cognitive Coaching and Adaptive Schools)
- Engage @EMU, including Bright Futures and Upward Bound
- Washtenaw Intermediate School District
- Community organizations like Habitat for Humanity, Ypsilanti District Library, and Ann Arbor District Library
- Area schools, including high school writing centers
We actively seek new partners with community and educational groups throughout southeastern Michigan.