The University Writing Center Online (UWCO) provides writing support to students enrolled in the fully online programs listed below:
- Aging Studies - Dementia Certificate
- Dietetics and Human Nutrition
- Educational Assessment
- Educational Leadership K-12 Administration
- Educational Media and Technology
- Educational Psychology
- Engineering Management
- Human Resource Management
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Learning Technology and Design and Online Teaching
- Nursing Major – RN/BSN Completion
- Post-Master's K-12 Basic Administration Certificate
- Quality Management
- Social Foundations of Education - Ecojustice Concentration
- Technology Management
Students in these programs can submit papers online and receive focused feedback and strategies for development and revision, but please understand we are not a proofreading or editing service.
UWCO Policies and Guidelines
A writing consultant will provide feedback within 24–48 hours for papers submitted Monday through Thursday and 24–72 hours for those submitted Friday through Sunday. We cannot reasonably respond to writers whose assignment deadlines fall within our turnaround time.
- We will only comment on a total of 5 pages (roughly 1,500 words), but you can submit longer documents.
- We will only accept 1 paper per student, per week; our workweek resets on Monday mornings.
- Please limit your areas of concern on the submission form to 2–3 primary concerns, as we cannot necessarily address every potential issue.
- Due to staffing limitations, we must on occasion reserve the right to reduce or restrict the availability of this service.
How to Submit a Paper
The UWCO offers online consultations through Canvas, and all eligible students will have a UWCO course shell in their Canvas portal. Submitting writing for an online consultation through Canvas is easy:
- Complete a Google form to provide information about you and your assignment.
- Submit your writing by uploading your document and any other relevant files (assignment description sheet, rubric, etc.).
- You will be sent an email notification (typically within 12 hours) that we've received your submission.
- You will be notified via email when your feedback is available.