Want to support local community voices? Your donations help us provide free, community-wide writing support. Donate today!
Virtual Tutoring is Now Available!
Our tutors are now providing virtual writing consultations. You have two options for writing support:
- Comments about writing: If you would like someone to review your writing and provide feedback, please fill out this virtual submissions form.
- Conversations about writing: If you would like to talk to someone through a video chat about your writing, please fill out our Google Meet consultation form.
We have full instructions [PDF] for requesting virtual writing help.
Writing Activities and Resources During a Time of Social Distancing
If you're looking to do some writing while staying at home, we have the resources and activities you need to get started.
- Online Writing Resources: If you would like to express yourself through writing, check out this list of fun writing activities, prompts, videos, and lessons.
- Journaling to Make Sense of This Time: We are living through an unprecedented moment in history—a time which has already created uncertainty, creativity, boredom, heroism, confusion . . . and more. How can we use writing to make sense of this moment? How can we use it to document this moment? How can we use it to share this moment with others?
- Nature Writing: Many of us—especially during these days of isolation and social distancing—find joy and inspiration in nature. In that spirit we offer these writing prompts, designed by YpsiWrites volunteer lisa eddy, to help you slow down and appreciate the natural world. There are some for those who are able to get outside and observe, and some for those who remain indoors but appreciate nature through the window.
- Zine Activity: Make a zine at home! Zines are small publications that are created by individuals and fueled by independent vision! In other words, zines are made by ordinary people about the things they love, and the ideas close to their hearts.
- Writing that Matters to Me: YpsiWrites wants to share the writing that is uplifting and calming you during this time of uncertainty. You have two options for sharing writing: (1) share what you’re reading or (2) share what you’re writing. If you would like to participate, follow these steps.
2019 Writers of Ypsilanti
We're celebrating local writers with our inaugural cohort of local writers. Check out our collection of pictures, posters, and interviews. If you know a local writer that we should celebrate, email us at [email protected]
Want to get involved?
Learn more about our volunteer opportunities by signing up to receive more information through our Google Form.
Questions? Email [email protected]. Connect with us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, @YpsiWrites, to stay up to date on all YpsiWrites happenings.