Trained consultants are available to help teen and adult writers with any kind of writing project - resumes, essays, stories, business plans, poetry, memoir and more. Visit us at any of the three Ypsilanti District Library locations.
Winter and Spring Hours and Events
Winter and Spring Drop-In Hours (January-May)
- YDL-Whittaker: Saturdays, noon–2 p.m.
- YDL-Michigan Ave.: Wednesdays, 5–7 p.m.
- YDL-Superior: Tuesdays, 11 a.m.–1 p.m.
Winter and Spring Events
- Freewriting: A Place to Begin: Wednesdays, Jan. 22, Jan. 29, Feb. 5 & Feb. 12, 6:30-8 p.m.
- Valentine and Love Letter Drop-In Writing: Saturday, Feb. 8, 1-2 p.m.
- Zine Writing: 24-hour Challenge: Saturday, March 14 and Sunday, March 15, 1-3 p.m.
- Mother's/Father's Day and Love Letter Drop-In Writing: Saturday, May 2, 1-2 p.m.
- What to Expect in College Writing: Date and Time TBD
- Valentine & Love Letter Drop-In Writing: Saturday, Feb. 8, 2:30-3:30 p.m.
- The Write Stuff: Where Creativity and Accessibility Meet, A Workshop in Partnership with Ann Arbor Center for Independent Living: Saturdays, Feb. 15, Feb. 22, March 7, March 14 & March 21, 11 a.m. - noon
- Mother's/Father's Day & Love Letter Drop-In Writing: Saturday, May 2, 2:30-3:30 p.m.
- Let's Write: Family Writing Lab Writing Stations: Saturdays, Jan. 11, Feb. 1, March 28, April 11, 2-3 p.m.
2019 Writers of Ypsilanti
We're celebrating local writers with our inaugural cohort of local writers. Check out our collection of pictures, posters, and interviews. If you know a local writer that we should celebrate, email us at [email protected]
Want to get involved?
Learn more about our volunteer opportunities by signing up to receive more information through our Google Form.
Questions? Email [email protected]. Connect with us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, @YpsiWrites, to stay up to date on all YpsiWrites happenings.