- Ph.D., Industrial Engineering, Western Michigan University
- ME, Engineering Management, Western Michigan University
- BE, Industrial Engineering, Iowa State University
He spent four years with Goodyear Atomic working as an industrial engineer in the recycling and assembly division of a uranium enrichment facility. He invested 20 years into the office furniture manufacturer Haworth Inc. serving a variety of engineering and management roles. While completing his doctorate requirements he worked as a senior management consultant for Resource Dynamics International.
- EM 505 Managing Engineering and Technology
- EM 509 Engineering Project Management
- EM 511 Manufacturing Engineering Fundamentals
- EM 520 Engineering Valuation and Economic Analysis
- EM 547 Management of Research and Development
- EM558 Lean Production
- EM 669 Lean Leadership Standards and Integration
- QUAL 320 Industrial Quality Control
- CET 705 Technology Innovation and Transfer
- CET 711 Advanced Research Design and Applied Statistics
- Booker, B.W. (2015). Should Knowledge-Worker Job Descriptions Fit the Job or the Worker? Technology Interface Journal, 16(1), 100–111.
- Booker, B., and Tucker, W. (2014). Push-and-pull lean strategy evaluation for online graduate courses. International Journal of Quality and Service Sectors, 6, 213–220.
- Booker, B., and Tucker, W. (2013). Improving Economic Competitiveness by Enhancing Human Capital: Evaluating Push-and-Pull Lean Strategies in Online Graduate Courses, Quality and Service Sciences - International Conference - Lean Management Track, Portoroz, Slovenia.
- Booker, B. (2014). Structured On-the-Job Assembly Training Methods: Selection of Media, Methods and Job Aides to Enhance Training Effectiveness and Retention, Workshop on Lean and Six-Sigma, March 26, 2014, Lawrence Technological University.
- Booker, B., and Tucker, W. (2015). Lowest Level Employee Engagement in Quality System Compliance: Audits, and Improvement. 18th Toulon- Verona International Conference.
- Booker, B. (2015). Person-Job Variation Reduction through OJT Training Triggered by Augmented Reality, World Scientific Engineering Academy Society (WSEAS) Conference, Hosted by Michigan State University, September 20, 2015.
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Registered as professional engineer, State of Michigan, 1987–2017
His first year of full-time teaching (2010–2011) was at the University of Minnesota-Duluth where he served as assistant professor in the mechanical and industrial engineering department. Dr. Booker's dissertation was titled: Development of a Task Assignment Tool to Customize Job Descriptions and Close Person-Job Fit Gaps. His research is focused on knowledge worker job and organization design.