- Ph. D., Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
- Major: Instructional Technology, Computer Emphasis
- Dissertation Title: “Evaluation on the Comprehension of Computer Symbology.”
- MS, University of Detroit, Detroit, MI
- Major: Business/ Security Administration
- Thesis Title\Plan B: “Survey Techniques Within Organizations.”
- BA, Madonna University, Livonia, MI
- Major: Criminal Justice
- Minor: Business Administration
- 20+ years in business and industry prior to EMU
- Assistant Professor, 2000 - 2006
- Associate Professor, 2006 - present
- Introduction to Simulation, Animation and Gaming
- Storyboarding and development
- Video game design
- Contemporary business
- Microcomputers in business
- Understanding technology
- Advanced writing
Previous: program coordinator, information security/assurance. Courses for the Detroit Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), Secret Service (SS) and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Cohorts. Courses Included:
- Information Systems Security Overview for Managers
- Systems Operating Environment for Information
- Security Systems Administrators
- Administrative Information Security Procedures
- Vulnerability, Risk and Analysis
- Audit Controls in Information Security
- Professional Seminar in Information Security/Assurance
- Managing the Problem Employee
- Cyber Crime, Summer Institute
- Speelman, P., Kinczkowski, L., and Cardon, P. (2015). Aid-to-Thought: Just Simulate it! Technology and Engineering Teacher Journal, 74 (6), 24–29.
- Simulation For Instruction in a Virtual Age, Drs. Cardon, Kinczkowski and Speelman – ITEEA 75th Annual Conference March 7–9, 2013 in Columbus, Ohio.
- Cardon, P. L., Kinczkowski, L., and Speelman, P. (2012) Communication Simulation, Understanding and Implementation. Technical Education Magazine.
- Kinczkowski, L., Cardon, P. L., and Speelman, P. (2013). Aid to Thought – Just Simulate It! Presented at the Michigan Industrial and Technology Education Society held in Mt. Pleasant, MI on the Central Michigan University campus, May 9, 2013.
- Kinczkowski, L., Speelman, P., and Cardon, P. L. (2012). Simulation of Communication Laboratory Security and Safety. Presented at the Michigan Industrial and Technology Education Society convention held in Saginaw, Michigan, on Saginaw Valley State University campus, May 10, 2012.
- Kinczkowski, L., and Cardon, P. L. (2012). Simulation for Improved Teaching & Learning. Presented at the EMU Terrific Teaching and Research Workshop sponsored by the EMU FDC, August 28, 2012.
Patents / Awards / Grants
- E-Fellowship Award, EMU, "Interdisciplinary Media Lab", November, 2015
- 1996, Centennial Olympic Games, Atlanta, Georgia.
- Selected as one of the 1,000 "Security Team Program" members (out of a final cut of 15, 000 applicants worldwide). Directed and managed security and safety operations and training for all Olympic site venues throughout the month of July and the beginning of August 1996. Primary responsibility focused on the Olympic Stadium.
- Listed in "Who's Who in Law Enforcement," 1990–1991.
- Editor for the American Society for Industrial Security, Detroit Chapter Newsletter; Awarded National Newsletter of the Year Award, for 1990 and 1991.
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS)
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
- Secretary, American Society for Industrial Security, Detroit Chapter
- Editorial board member, Journal of Security Education
- Member and advisor, Security Advisory Committee for Macomb College, 1990–1996.
- Chairman, National Standing Committee on Educational Institutions, American Society for Industrial Security, 1993–1995.
- President, Michigan Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators, 1992–1993.
- Chairman, founder, Dearborn Security Network, 1991.
- Executive editor, American Society for Industrial Security, Detroit Chapter Newsletter, 1990–1991.
- Needs assessment
- Information assurance
- Security and cyber crime
- Risk analysis and assessment
- Administrative policies and procedures
- System security
- Systems operating environment
- Public and occupational safety
- Crime prevention and assets protection
- Physical security
- Public relations and communications
- Executive protection