- PhD, Western Michigan University - USA, 2018
- MS, Jordan University of Science and Technology - Jordan, 2010 (Ranked first on the 2010/2011 class)
- BS, Al al-Bayt University - Jordan, 2007
- Assistant professor, EMU, MI, USA (2021-present)
- Assistant professor, Program Coordinator and Director of IoT and Cybersecurity Lab, Ferrum College, VA, USA (2018-2021)
- Visiting Assistant Professor (WVU tech), WV, USA (2017)
- Software Engineer, Mathworks, Natick, MA (2016)
- Programmer, Nuqul Group, Amman, Jordan (2008)
Interests and Expertise
Cyber Security, IoT, National Language Processing, Machine Learning, Public Health
- IA 212 - Open Source Platform & Netwrk Ad
- IA 622 - Risk Management and Incident Response
- Foundamentals of Cybersecurity
- Advanced Network
- Computer Organization
- Operating System
- Computer Hardware and Troubleshooting
- Senior Research Seminar
- Data Structures
- Web design
With h-index of 7 and i10-index of 6, with 138 citations, according to Google Scholar
- M. Elkhodr, S. Ashokkumar, B. Alsinglawi, O. Darwish, O. Karajeh, E. Gide, “A Cloud-Based Mobile Application for Women with Gestational Diabetes,” Workshops of AINA-2020(WAINA 2021), Toronto, Canada 12-14 May, 2021.
- Karajeh, O.; Darweesh, D.; Darwish, O.; Abu-El-Rub, N.; Alsinglawi, B.; Alsaedi, N. A Classifier to Detect Informational vs. Non-Informational Heart Attack Tweets. Future Internet 2021, 13, 19. https://doi.org/10.3390/fi13010019.
- S. Al-Eidi, O. Darwish, Y. Chen and G. Husari, "SnapCatch: Automatic Detection of Covert Timing Channels Using Image Processing and Machine Learning," in IEEE Access, doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2020.3046234.
- Belal Alsinglawi, Fady SK Alnajjar, Omar Mubin, Mauricio Novoa, Mohammed Alorjani, Ola Karajeh, Omar Darwish, “Predicting Length of Stay for Cardiovascular Hospitalizations in the Intensive Care Unit: Machine Learning Approach,” 42nd Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC) in conjunction with the 43rd Annual Conference of the Canadian Medical and Biological Engineering Society, 2020.
- S. Al-Eidi, O. Darwish, and Y. Chen, “Covert Timing Channel Analysis Either as Cyber Attacks or Confidential Applications,” Sensors (Basel), vol. 20, no. 8, Apr. 2020, doi: 10.3390/s20082417.
- B. Alsinglawi, O. Mubin, M. Novoa, O. Karajeh, O. Darwish, “Benchmarking Predictive Models in Electronic Health Records: Sepsis Length of Stay Prediction,” The 34-th International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications (AINA-2020), Caserta, Italy 15-17 April, 2020.
- O. Darwish, C.Stone, O. Karajeh, B. Alsinglawi, “Survey of Educational Cyber Ranges,” Workshops of AINA-2020(WAINA 2020), Caserta, Italy 15-17 April, 2020.
- S. Al-Eidi, Y. Chen, O. Darwish, A. Alfosool, 'Time-Ordered Bipartite Graph for Spatio-Temporal Social Network Analysis', International Conference on Computing, Networking and Communications (ICNC 2020), Big Island, Hawaii, USA, February 17-20, 2020.
- O. Darwish, A. Al-Fuqaha, G. Ben Brahim, I. Jenhani, and A. Vasilakos, “Using hierarchical statistical analysis and deep neural networks to detect covert timing channels,” Applied Soft Computing, vol. 82, p. 105546, Sep. 2019.
- O. Darwish, M. Maabreh, O. Karajeh, and B. Alsinglawi, “Source Codes Classification Using a Modified Instruction Count Pass,” in Web Artificial Intelligence and Network Applications, Cham, 2019, pp. 897– 906.
- O. Darwish, A. Al-Fuqaha, G. Ben Brahim, I. Jenhani “Towards a Streaming Approach to the Mitigation of Covert Timing Channels” The 14th International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference (IEEE IWCMC 2018), Limassol, Cyprus, June 25th — 29th, 2018.
- O. Darwish, A. Al-Fuqaha, G. Ben Brahim, M. Javed, “Using MapReduce and Hierarchical Entropy Analysis to Speed-Up the Detection of Covert Timing Channels,” The 13th International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference (IEEE IWCMC 2017), Valencia, Spain, June 26th — 30th, 2017.
Patents / Awards / Grants
- Tobacco Commission Grant, "Internet of Things (IoT) and Cybersecurity lab," Project PI, May 2020 (Amount: $70,000.00)
- Ferrum College, "Study of Educational Cyber Ranges, " Project PI, Jan 2020 (Amount: $1,894.75)
- Lead Guest Editor in the Special Collection: Emerging Trends in Data Science and Cybersecurity in the IoT, International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks (IJDSN) - SAGE Publisher.
- Guest Editor in the Special Collection: "Emerging Technologies in Health Informatics and Management" which is jointly organized between "Healthcare" and "International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health" journals - MDPI Publisher.