About this Program
Our Bachelor of Science in Aviation Flight Technology prepares graduates for a career as a professional pilot. The curriculum includes specialized courses in aircraft systems, automation, human factors, weather, industry regulations and crew resource management.
Through this program, you will earn your private pilot, commercial pilot, and certified flight instructor certificates. You will also earn your instrument, complex, high-performance and multi-engine ratings.
Program Educational Goals
- Strive for human potential through the use of a collegiate education.
- Empower individuals with essential skills to cultivate and nurture a safety-centric culture within the aviation industry.
- Inculcate graduates with exceptional aviation technical skills
- Facilitate the establishment of a strong groundwork for the ongoing utilization of aviation technology.
- Upon completing the Aviation Flight Technology program, students will obtain their Commercial Pilot license, in addition to either their multi-engine add-on or Certified Flight Instructor ratings, ensuring a comprehensive skill set upon graduation.
In order to get started we highly recommend scheduling a visit with an enrollment coordinator. The enrollment coordinator will walk you through the process of becoming a professional pilot as well as showing you around our facilities.
- Complete your Flight Medical Certificate [PDF].
- Complete your Application Expressing Aviation Flight Technology Major Intent.
- Receive your Aviation Program acceptance email.
- Complete your online enrollment (link provided in the acceptance email.)
- Complete EMU Orientation.
Before scheduling orientation, you are required to complete your online enrollment. . Not completing online enrollment before attending Orientation will delay your ability to register for aviation flight courses.
Our Flight Provider-Crosswinds Aviation
Crosswinds Aviation is owned and operated by Matt and Andrea Dahline. Matt and Andrea are passionate about providing high quality flight training, teaching the right attitude towards flying and exposing as many people as possible to what aviation has to offer. The aircraft are equipped with the latest in avionics technology to ensure our pilots have all the latest resources available today for reduced workload and good decision-making. The entire fleet is maintained and cleaned to the highest possible standards to ensure distractions are reduced to a minimum.
In order to best serve our students we offer four different locations to fly from: Willow Run/Ypsilanti, Howell, Pontiac, and Flint. With our fleet of DA 20, DA 40, Cessna 172 aircraft and FAA Certified Flight Simulators we take students from Private Pilot through Instrument, Commercial, Certified Flight Instructors and Multi-Engine. View the fleet.
If you have any questions, please contact the program coordinator.