About this Program
Our Bachelor of Science in Aviation Management Technology prepares graduates for business and supervisory positions in the aviation industry. The curriculum includes courses designed to provide aviation managers with a strong foundation in areas of passenger safety, airline operations, airport planning, logistics, industry trends, finance, and sound business practices.
Aviation Management majors complete a curriculum of core aviation courses, and a General Business minor. This comprehensive curriculum provides students with a body of knowledge that will ensure that they are competitive in the aviation industry. EMU’s location near one of the busiest airports in the country offers our students hands-on experience, while working side-by-side with industry professionals.
Program Educational Goals
- Enhance students’ business and management skills
- Engage with the aviation industry in a professionally appropriate way
- Develop students’ communication skills, including written and oral communication skills
- Offer students a thorough understanding of the aviation industry’s structure, trends, challenges, and prospects to better prepare themselves for the future of aviation
Aircraft Dispatch Certification
Eastern Michigan University’s Aircraft Dispatch curriculum prepares you to become an FAA-certificated aircraft dispatcher. Aircraft dispatchers work with management and flight crews to ensure safe flight operations, and to enhance efficiency within flight departments. Dispatchers are responsible for flight planning, aircraft weight and balance, weather planning, fuel calculations, and other critical aspects of flight operations.
- Complete your Application Expressing Aviation Program Intent and Reference Referral Form.
- Email the reference form link (found on the Reference Referral Form) to your two references
- Receive your aviation program acceptance letter.
- Complete EMU Orientation.
There are no additional steps needed for the Aviation Management program. We recommend meeting with the program coordinator to plan your courses.