- Ed.D. Aurora University, Aurora, IL
- MS, Aurora University, Aurora, IL
- BS, Southeast Missouri State University, Cape Girardeau, MO
- Silander, H. (Under Review). The impact of the APIE process on the service delivery of inclusive recreation. Therapeutic Recreation Journal.
- Text Book Review: Kunstler, R., & Daly, F. (2016). Therapeutic Recreation Leadership and Programming. Therapeutic Recreation Journal, (50)3.
- March 2019 Michigan Therapeutic Recreation Association Spring Conference: "The Application of the Social Ecology Theory in Community Recreational Therapy"
- January 2017 Illinois Parks & Recreation/Illinois Association of Park District Annual Conference: "Using the TR Process (APIED Process) in Inclusive Recreation Settings"
- November 2016 Illinois Recreation Therapy Association Annual Conference: "A Case Study: Is it Really Easy as Pie? How the APIE Process Impacts Service Delivery of Inclusive Recreation"
- November 2015 Illinois Recreation Therapy Association Annual Conference: "Using APIE to Provide Inclusive Recreation Services."
- November 2014 Illinois Recreation Therapy Association Annual Conference: "A Supervisor's Guide for Problem Solving and Decision Making, Using Best Practices in Inclusive Recreation."
- April 2014 Midwest Symposium of Therapeutic Recreation: "Reaching All Participants."
- September 2013 Illinois Parks & Recreation Association Supervisor Symposium: "What is Inclusion?"
- March 2012 North Aurora Police Department & Kane County Juvenile Detention Officers: "Autism in a Crisis Situation."
- January 2011 Illinois Parks & Recreation Association/Illinois Association of Park Districts State Conference: "What is ADHD and How to Program for it."
- January 2010 Illinois Parks & Recreation Association/Illinois Association of Park Districts State Conference panel speaker or "Parks & Recreation Support for Service Members and Families."
Inclusive recreation, community therapeutic recreation, therapeutic interventions for people with developmental and intellectual disabilities, adaptive sports