The purpose of this award is to provide financial support for a student conducting research in the area of dementia, Alzheimer’s care or gerontology and honor faculty members mentoring research at EMU. Possible ways financial support can be used include, but are not limited to:
- Research presentation at workshops or conferences
- Participant payments
- Research software
- Photocopies and other printing
To be considered for the research award, a student must:
- Be an undergraduate or graduate student at EMU conducting research in the aging field.
- Have identified a research mentor and submit a letter of support from them with the application.
- Have a clearly-developed research proposal and/or conference presentation acceptance documentation.
- Have University Human Subjects Research Committee approval if applicable.
- Attend the Aging Studies Program Welcome Reception and Awards Ceremony in September of the year awarded where you and your faculty mentor will be honored.
- Submit a final summary upon completion of research and/or presentation including a project title, summary/abstract and discussion of how funds were spent; student will deliver a short presentation to the program faculty if possible.
This award fund typically has $1,000 available to fund research annually. Awards are determined by the Research Award Standing Committee until funding has been depleted. Applications are considered and evaluated on a rolling basis in the order they are received. Include your name and “Aging Research Award Application” in the subject line of an email and send the application form and applicable materials to Andrea Zakrajsek at [email protected].
Download the application form [PDF].
Contact Dr. Barragan with any questions regarding the research award process at [email protected] or 734.487.3220.