Our programs are evidence-based and respected by employers and the public.
Our experienced faculty has a range of 5 to 21 years of in-class and online teaching at EMU. Our lecturers bring experience in the field and have an average of seven years of teaching experience. We are committed to investing in future practitioners.
- Our dietetics programs are fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics, the accrediting agency for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- When you successfully complete our Coordinated Program in Dietetics and earn your degree from EMU, you will be issued a verification statement, which makes you eligible to take the Registration Examination for Dietitians through the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR).
- We provide location flexibility with on-campus and distance/online courses, allowing you to complete the program within the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) Guidelines for a variety of states within the U.S.
- We provide student-centered learning opportunities and an exceptional learning environment where you will be constantly interpreting and responding to food and nutrition service delivery and applying new technologies to your dietetic education.
- Credit can be earned for work or life experience for DTC 251, DTC 372, DTC 375, and DTC 659 through the Prior Learning Assessment process. The student will review the inquiry packet, available at PLA Inquiry Packet https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VS2DGqHIIAvCpyjapxt6PpbPxu6mY0zy8uWrK3MlEqI/edit)
- Professional phase course equivalency will be evaluated on an individual basis for students once they are admitted to the CP. This equivalency is only available for didactic course work; all Supervised Practice Experience (SPE) courses must be completed through the CP at EMU.
If you are interested in working together to improve health through proper diet and nutrition, then we think you’d be a great fit here. Read the catalog content for more information.
Watch a sample of what our students accomplish while in our program and see more on the Eagle Nutrition Services YouTube channel!