Services Available and Pricing
The Running Lab offers sport-specific, customized tests to meet the needs of each athlete. We look forward to helping you achieve your goals, reach your potential and improve athletic performance.
Our gait analysis is performed with the Vicon Motion Capture System, a 3-D camera system. 39 reflective markers are used to identify the position of the runner's head, joints, limbs and torso at all phases during the gail cycle, while running on a Woodway treadmill. Download a gait analysis [PDF].
- Performance Assessment: comprised of 20 kinematic parameters including joint angles at all phases of the gait cycle.
- Clinical Assessment: comprised of four domains and 17 kinematic parameters that predict the likelihood of injury based on the University of Calgary 3-D Gait database.
The Running Lab at Eastern Michigan University is an exercise physiology lab offering sport-specific, customized testing to meet the needs of each athlete. Our lab features a Jaeger Oxycon Mobile (Care Fusion) portable metabolic cart that measures metabolic gases during running or cycling.
- Ventilatory Threshold
- Running Economy
- Energy Expenditure
- Lactate Threshold Analysis
- VO2max testing ($150)
- Maximal aerobic capacity determined using a Jaeger Oxycon Mobile open circuit spirometry
- Ventilatory threshold
- Running economy
- Energy expenditure
- Lactate threshold ($75)
- VOXmax and lactate threshold ($200)
- 3D Gait Analysis with Vicon 8 Camera Motion Capture system ($300)
- Performance assessment
- Clinical assessment
- Both performance and clinical assessments are provided with one test session and the single 3-D gait analysis fee
Biomechanical and VO2max Assessments combined ($400)
Please contact us regarding available discounts for multiple participants and groups.