Students Nurses' Association
The local chapter of the Student Nurses' Association welcomes all EMU pre-nursing and nursing students to its events. The chapter is part of the Michigan Nursing Students Association (MNSA) and the National Student Nurses' Association (NSNA).
- Draws together a vibrant network of EMU nursing students, instructors and alumni
- Provides a forum for relevant discussions, demonstrations and presentations
- Gives students experience and leadership opportunities in a professional organization
Sigma Theta Tau, Eta Rho Chapter
Sigma Theta Tau International, nursing's international honor society, is the second largest nursing organization in the world. Its mission is to advance world health and celebrate nursing excellence in scholarship, leadership, and service. Its members are from all healthcare avenues, countries, territories, and provinces around the globe.
The Eta Rho Chapter was chartered at EMU in 1984 as the 183rd chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International. Some of the chapter's contributions include:
- Sponsoring educational events for the nursing community
- Providing continuing education credits for nursing licensure
- Mentoring students and nurses
- Providing leadership opportunities at the local level
- Awarding scholarships to support nursing education
- Engaging in service to EMU and the broader community