About the Program
The MSW Program at EMU was designed to meet the unique needs of working people who are committed to the profession, but who are employed full-time, generally in human services. The program has been accredited since 1992.
- Prepares social workers to find empowering solutions to social problems and to meet the needs of the most impoverished, oppressed and underserved people.
- Is designed to accommodate working students needing a part-time program.
- Is accredited by the CSWE.
EMU offers both a "full program," for students with a bachelor's degree in a field other than social work, and an "advanced standing" program, for students who hold a BSW degree from an accredited program. The full program requires students to successfully complete 63 credit hours to earn an MSW degree. Students admitted with advanced standing complete 35 hours of advanced level coursework.
Students who earned a BSW with at least a 2.75 GPA overall—or at least 3.0 GPA in their last 60 undergraduate credits—qualify for advanced standing.
Go to this form to sign up to attend an Information Session. If you have questions, you can email [email protected].
Learn More at an Information Session
Attend an Information Session. Learn about the program, application process and meet current students and instructors.
- Saturday, October 9, 10 a.m. – noon
- Saturday, November 13, 10 a.m. – noon
- Saturday, January 8, 10 a.m. – noon
- Thursday, January 27, 2022, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Saturday, February 12, 2022, 10 a.m. – noon
- Saturday, March 12, 2022, 10 a.m. - noon
- Saturday, April 9, 2022, 10 a.m. – noon
Sign up to attend. Email [email protected] with questions.