Eastern Michigan University logo



  • If you intend to major in social work or have questions about the program, contact the College of Health and Human Services Advising Center (734.487.0918), visit the CHHS Advising website, or Pre-Admissions Advisor David Manville (dmanvil1@emich.edu or 734.487.6634) to set up an appointment.
  • Set up an appointment with an advisor who will answer your questions and clarify the prerequisites you'll need.

Social Work Majors

We're committed to helping you develop as a social worker and achieve your degree in a timely way. Once you've applied to enter the Social Work major in SW 251, an advisor will develop a plan of study leading to graduation. Ongoing advising is always available to Social Work majors. Contact Student Services Coordinator Dave Evoy ( devoy@emich.edu , or 734.487.6807) to set up an appointment.

Transfer Students

We encourage community college and other transfer students with passion for social work to explore possibilities for completing a BSW degree at EMU.

We maintain articulation agreements with:

  • Washtenaw Community College
  • Wayne County Community College District
  • Monroe Community College
  • Jackson Community College
  • Oakland Community College
  • Schoolcraft Community College

If you want to know more about transferring into the EMU Social Work program, contact Student Services Coordinator, Dave Evoy ( devoy@emich.edu or 734.487.6807) to set up an appointment.

Contact Us: School of Social Work | 317 Everett L. Marshall Building | Ypsilanti, MI 48197 | Tel.: 734.487.0393 | Fax: 734.487.6832

Explore the College's Schools: Health Sciences | Health Promotion & Human Performance | Nursing | Social Work