The cohort program begins each fall for students. The following priority deadlines have been established for receipt of all application materials required for admission to the MSF program.
Early Admission Deadline - December 1
Standard Admission Deadline - OPEN
Please note applications will be accepted after the priority date; however, all open enrollment positions may already be assigned. Acceptance to the program will be determined by the MSF faculty.
The following must be submitted and will be considered when applying for the MS in Finance:
- Meet the minimum graduate school admission requirements,
- GMAT score of 550 or higher or (a GRE quantitative score of 155 or higher and a 310 total GRE score).*
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0.
- A current resume with the application.
- Personal statement (250-word maximum) detailing the applicant's interest in the program.
- English proficiency test scores are required from international applicants. Prospective international students are encouraged to visit EMU's international admissions page.
*Due to the challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic, qualified applicants may waive the GMAT/GRE for admission to the Fall 2021 cohort. Contact [email protected] for more information.
Domestic students will be admitted under conditional admission with a GMAT score less than 550 but greater than 500 as long as their GPA is greater than 3.5. Students will have one year to maintain a GPA of greater than a 3.25 with no final grades below a B- in order be taken off of conditional admission status. Students with a GPA less than 3.25 after the first year or a course grade less than a B- will be removed from the program. MSF Faculty will decide conditional admission, only if there is room in the cohort group. International students will not be conditionally admitted.
GMAT/GRE Waiver Policy
Due to the challenges presented by COVID, qualified applicants for the Fall 2021 cohort may waive the GMAT/GRE. Please send an email to [email protected] for information on how to request the waiver.
Normal GMAT and GRE waiver criteria are as follows:
- All finance and accounting undergraduate majors must have earned a minimum 3.5 overall GPA and a minimum 3.5 upper-division GPA in finance and accounting coursework, and graduated from an AACSB-accredited program within the last 5 years.
- All STEM-related undergraduate majors must have earned a minimum 3.5 overall GPA and a minimum 3.25 upper-division GPA in STEM-related coursework, and graduated from an accredited program within the last 5 years.
- All STEM-related graduate majors must have earned a minimum overall 3.5 GPA and graduated with a STEM-related Masters degree from an accredited program