William J. Price
Professor, Educational Leadership
John W. Porter Bldg, Suite 304
Ph.D., Leadership/Curriculum, Michigan State University
Dr. Price's career in public education has spanned over fifty years. He has served as a middle school and high school teacher, high school administrator, assistant superintendent, and for ten years as a school superintendent. In addition to a long career in K-12 education, he previously served as an assistant professor of teacher education at Michigan State University and currently serves as professor of educational leadership at Eastern Michigan University in the Department of Leadership and Counseling. In addition to teaching in the graduate school of education he has served as a consultant to local school districts on school finance management, bonding for school facilities, conducting board training for superintendent searches, and on school board policy governance training in Michigan and Colorado. He has been a commentator for Education Week and Michigan Public Radio. He is the author of numerous journal articles and more recently two seminal books on Michigan public policy for financing K-12 education, and funding and governance of Michigan Charter Schools.
Interests and Expertise
- School Superintendency
- School Finance
- Collective Negotiations and Labor Relations
Price,W.& Jankens, B. (2013). Charter Schools in Michigan: A Handbook for Understanding Public Policy and Practice for Michigan's Public School Academies. NCPEA Publications.
Price, W. (2013). Michigan School Finance: A Handbook for Understanding State Funding Policy for Michigan Public School Districts, 3rd edition. NCPEA Publications.
- EDLD 612 Economics of Education
- EDLD 615 Collective Negotiations and Labor Relations in Education
- EDLD 625 Superintendent and District Level Leadership
- EDLD 712 Doctoral Research Seminar
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- National Council of Professors of Educational Administration
- Michigan Council of Professors of Educational Administration
- Michigan Association of School Administrators
Licensures and Certifications
- Michigan Superintendents Credential
- Michigan Secondary Teachers (permanent credential)