Ph.D., University of Connecticut
- Sparks-Langer, G., Starko, A. J., Pasch, M., Burke, W., Moody, C. M., Gardner, T. (2004). Teaching as decision making: Successful practices for the secondary teacher. 2nd E. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.
- Starko, A.J. (2000.). Finding the problem finders: Problem finding and the development of talent. In R. Friedman and B. Shore (Eds.) Talents unfolding: Cognition and development. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
- Starko, A. J., Sparks-Langer, G. M., Pasch, M., Frankes, L., Gardner, T. G., Moody, C. D. (2003). Teaching as decision making: Successful practices for the elementary teacher. 3rd Ed. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Merrill Prentice Hall.
- Starko, A. J. (2008). Teacher preparation. Critical issues and practices in gifted education. In Critical issues and practices in gifted education: What the research says (681–694). Waco, TX: Prufrock.
- Starko, A. J. (2008). Teaching problem finding to elementary students: View from the trenches. In B. M. Shore, M.W. Aulls and M.A.B. Delcourt Inquiry in Education: Overcoming barriers to successful implementation (47–62).New York: Erlbaum.
- Starko, A. (2011). Of birdhouses and mosaic cats: Conquering fears in the muddle of inquiry. LEARNING Landscapes, 4, 307–324.
- Starko, A. (February, 2013). Creativity on the brink. Educational Leadership, 70, 5, 54–56.
- Starko, A. (2013, July (3rd Quarter/Summer). Help your child imagine new Ideas, solve problems. Parent Circle Online Magazine.
- Starko, A. (2013). Three Keys to Creativity in the Classroom: Teachers and Librarians Together. In J. B. Jones and L J. Flint (Eds.) The Creative Imperative: School Librarians and Teachers Cultivating Curiosity Together. ABC-CLIO.
- Selected Presentations
Starko, A. (2007, November), Teaching for Differentiation: What's Reasonable for Prospective Teachers. National Association for Gifted Children Conference, National Association for Gifted Children, Minneapolis, MN.
- Starko, A. (May 8, 2009), Putting assessment at the center: The role of assessment in helping prospective teachers enhance creativity. The Creative Brain: Using Brain Research on Creativity and the Arts to Improve Learning. Washington, DC.
- Starko, A., (2011, July). Creativity day to day. Edufest, Boise State University, Boise, ID.
- Starko, A., (2011, July). Rubrics for beginners and other assessment dilemmas.. Edufest, Boise State University, Boise, ID.
- EDPS 340 Introduction to Assessment and Evaluation
- EDPS 614 Psychology of Creativity
- EDPS 627 Developing Classroom Assessments
- EDPS 628 Analyzing Student Learning
- EDPS 667 Principles of Educational Research
- EDPS 689 Culminating Projects in Educational Psychology
- EDPS 694 Seminar in Educational Psychology
- Classroom Assessment
- Education of the Gifted and Talented
- American Educational Research Association
- National Association for Gifted Children