Welcome to EMU!
We're happy to host you for this great celebration! The first thing you'll need is a ticket. Visit our tickets page for more information. Next, you'll want directions and information on area accommodations.
Once you arrive, park in the Convocation Center or Rynearson Stadium lot. You can also take a free shuttle bus for drop-off at the front door of the Convocation Center.
Some things to keep in mind to best enjoy commencement:
- Please refrain from bringing bags into the ceremony. Any bags brought in, including purses, diaper bags, camera bags, etc., are subject to search.
- No food or beverages are permitted or provided in the Convocation Center during the ceremony.
- Photography is only allowed from your seat during the ceremony; there's no access to the stage area. Graduates exit the Convocation Center directly after the ceremony, so there will be no opportunity for indoor photographs. Professional photographers will photograph the graduates during the ceremony and provide proofs via email shortly thereafter.
- We don't allow balloons, signs, air horns or other disruptive items.
- Following the ceremony, graduates are directed outdoors to greet family and guests. There will be no re-entrance to the Convocation Center after the ceremony ends.
We're so proud of your student. Enjoy the day!