Creating a New Page in OU Campus
An approver must create a page before it is available for use.
Follow these directions to create a new page in OU Campus:
- From the Content tab, navigate to the desired folder.
- Click the new button in the top-right of the page.
- The choose window is displayed. Click the new interior page button.
- The new interior page window is displayed. Type a descriptive title for your page in the banner image field. This page title will be visible to users, so make sure to include proper spelling and grammar.
- Type any desired text in the content field and use the edit toolbar to format the text.
- Type a short descriptive file name with only letters, numbers and dashes followed by ".pcf" (e.g. eaglemail.pcf) in the new page file name field. When creating a filename, know that it will become part of the URL for the page. The file name should be all lowercase with dashes in place of spaces. Where possible, leave out dates. If your site is in a new template, you do not have to add .pcf at the end of your file name. Please do not run words together, but put dashes between words.
Example (older template): financial-aid-forms.pcf
Example (newer template): financial-aid-forms
- When you are finished, click the create button.
- The new page is displayed in the preview window and is checked out by you.