Advanced and Emerging Technologies in Polymers and Coatings
June 5-7, 2018
Instructor: Dr. J. Baghdachi, PhD., and industry representatives
The goal of this three-day advanced course is to update attendees on emerging technologies in polymers, coatings and nano-materials, and to convey the latest developments demonstrating practical aspects and utility of recent discoveries. Topics discussed include novel polymers and smart coatings, nanotechnology, new polymers and preparation processes, multifunctional coatings design and application, testing and evaluation.
Who should attend?
This advanced course is specifically designed to brief polymers and coating personnel on the latest advances in science and technology of polymers and coatings. It is highly recommended for current paint and coatings personnel, technical managers, product development and formulators and all others who need keep abreast of this dynamic and complex science and technology.
What you will learn
• Recent advances in polymer science
• Applications of nanotechnology
• Formulation and application of multifunctional coatings
• Smart polymers, smart coatings and novel coating formulations
• Sustainable polymers and coatings
• Advances in instrumental analysis and characterization
• Future trends
• Overview of global coatings and paint markets
• Multi-functional polymeric materials
• Advances in polymerization techniques:
- Self-assembled systems
- Molecular brushes
- Dendritic and hyperbranched polymers
• Organic and inorganic nano-particles: preparation and properties
• Application of nano-technology
• Stimuli responsive polymers and coatings
• Smart Coatings
- Self-healing polymers and coatings
- Self-cleaning technologies
-Antimicrobial polymers and coatings
• Biologically active polymers and coatings
• Surface modification technologies
• Responsive pigments
• Conductive polymers and coatings
• Superhydrophobic/hydrophilic polymers and coatings
• Advances in characterization and instrumental analysis
• Sustainable polymers and coatings
• Global trends in research and developments of polymers and coatings
Daily Program Schedule
Class times are from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. each day.
Enrollment is limited to 25 participants.
The fee for the 3-day course is $1,250 which covers a course-book, lunch each day and all class supplies. Lodging and other meals are not included. A certificate of participation is presented to each registrant.
For more information, call Karen Metz at Eastern Michigan University, 734.487.2259, FAX: 734.481.0509 or email@example.com.
Read our registration deadline and withdrawal/cancellation policies*
Click the Register Now to be redirected to the EMU Professional Programs and Training secure registration site and select Polymers and Coatings.
In the event you are unable to participate, substitutions are welcome at any time – just let us know. Please notify us IN WRITING of cancellations and transfers five (5) business days prior to the start date of the seminar in order to avoid a processing fee of $150. You may email our registrar, Karen Metz, at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax your cancellation to 734.481.0509. If you do not attend the seminar and do not cancel or transfer prior to the start date, the seminar fee is non-refundable.
Please note that it is our policy to hold all seminars. However, EMU reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any seminar, if necessary, and to substitute presenters. We will gladly issue seminar fee refunds if cancellation is necessary, but we cannot be responsible for any airfare penalties or other travel expenses that may be incurred due to these changes.