The Electronic Engineering Technology program is designed to prepare students for interesting and challenging positions in the diverse field of electronics. The curriculum provides a strong foundation in electronics to support future changes in technology or the career roles of the individual. The graduate may find employment on engineering teams in product design and development, in production and automation, in instrumentation and communications, or in technical sales and operations.
The Engineering Technology curriculum is based on engineering theory but emphasis is placed on application, implementation skills. The Engineering Technology curriculum includes the University General Studies, the Engineering Technology Core and courses in the EET or MET concentration. With a common ET core, a student may investigate career options and personal preferences at the beginning of their studies, and change between majors without loss of credits toward program completion.
EET Mission Statement
The mission of the Electronics Engineering Technology (EET) program at Eastern Michigan University is to provide a high-quality, application-oriented education which develops future professionals who will improve the design and development of existing and new technologies. The goal of the program is to provide college graduates with the skills needed to successfully enter the workforce, the potential to grow with the needs of the advancement of technology, and to educate future leaders in the profession. The faculty in the program are committed to providing service and leadership in the promotion and advancement of the educational goals of the University.
Program Educational Objectives
The educational objectives of the Electronics Engineering Technology program are to produce graduates who:
- Will be gainfully employed in careers where they continue to build upon their technical knowledge, using modern tools for the design and improvement of products, processes and new technologies.
- Will be effective in working in teams of diverse professionals of varied technical and business positions.
- Will be able to effectively communicate in written and oral formats.
- Will engage in lifelong learning activities with a commitment to continuous improvement in their professional and personal lives.
- Will exercise an understanding of ethical and social responsibilities in their professional lives and community service.