Careers and Certifications
The Engineering Management Degree will help the practicing manager of Technical Professionals improve their performance and develop skills for future advancement. The Engineering Management Curriculum will also help the technical specialist to do their current job better, and provides solid preparation and an advanced degree for promotion to higher levels of management. A degree in engineering management can lead to a career with a top salary.
In addition to earning an advanced degree, many of our engineering management students attain professional certification in one or more specialty areas of engineering and management. The program offers several concentration tracks and focused courses that help students (with appropriate experience and credentials) attain several internationally-recognized professional certifications. These certifications include:
- ASEM’s Engineering Management Professional Certification (EMPC),
- SME’s Certified Manufacturing Technologist (CMfgT) and Certified Manufacturing Engineer (CMfgE);
- PMI’s Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) and Project Management Professional (PMP); and
- SME’s Lean Certifications
- One option of our program also prepares students to attain EMU’s master's in quality certificate.
For more information on these certifications and professional societies, visit the sites below: