The mechanical engineering technology program offers the opportunity to prepare for rewarding and responsible careers in support of technical and engineering activities. The program is designed to provide graduates with a strong technical foundation that integrates the methods, materials, machinery, and power resources found in modern industry. Students receive both lecture and hands-on laboratory training in manufacturing processes, engineering mechanics, thermo-fluid sciences, mechanical vibration, machine design, and senior design project.
MET Mission Statement
The mission of the Mechanical Engineering Technology (MET) program at Eastern Michigan University is to provide a high-quality, application-oriented education which develops future professionals who will improve the design and development of existing and new technologies. The goal of the program is to provide college graduates with the skills needed to successfully enter the workforce, the potential to grow with the needs of the advancement of technology, and to educate future leaders in the profession. The faculty in the program are committed to providing service and leadership in the promotion and advancement of the educational goals of the University.
Program Educational Objectives
The educational objectives of the Mechanical Engineering Technology program are to produce graduates who:
- Will be gainfully employed in careers where they continue to build upon their technical knowledge, using modern tools for the design and improvement of products, processes and new technologies.
- Will be effective in working in teams of diverse professionals of varied technical and business positions.
- Will be able to effectively communicate in written and oral formats.
- Will engage in lifelong learning activities with a commitment to continuous improvement in their professional and personal lives.
- Will exercise an understanding of ethical and social responsibilities in their professional lives and community service.