The mission of the Product Design Engineering Technology (PDET) program at Eastern Michigan University is to provide a high-quality, application-oriented education which develops future professionals who will improve the design of current products and design and develop new and innovative products. The goal of the program is to provide college graduates with the skills needed to successfully enter the workforce, the potential to grow with the needs of the advancement of technology, and to educate future leaders in the profession. The faculty in the program are committed to providing service and leadership in the promotion and advancement of the educational goals of the University.
Program Education Objectives
The education objectives of the Product Design Engineering Technology program are to produce graduates who:
- Graduates will be gainfully employed in product design engineering technology careers where they will continue to build upon their technical knowledge using modern tools such as CAD software, total quality management, and design for manufacturing to design and improve products and processes.
- Graduates will work effectively as members of design, engineering, and business teams.
- Graduates will effectively communicate design intent and technical information in written and oral formats.
- Graduates will engage with professional and design related organizations in lifelong learning activities with a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Graduates will exercise an understanding of professional ethics and engage in ethical and socially responsible design.
See a list of student outcomes [PDF] and the program and enrollment data.