Dr. Dan Fields
Quality Management/Ph.D. Program
School of Engineering Technology
106 Sill Hall
- Ph.D. from Michigan State University in 1991 in Adult and Continuing Education (Industrial Training)
- Master's: Western Michigan University: Educational Leadership (Industrial Training)
- Bachelor's: Western Michigan University: Major 1: Group Science, Major 2: Physical Geography
Professional SummaryPrior to coming to EMU he was employed by the Casting Division of Textron, Inc., a large, multi-national conglomerate. At Textron, he held positions of Division Manager of Training and Development, Quality Manager, Inspection Superintendent, Pattern Shop Superintendent, Quality/Process Engineer, and Budget Analyst.
Interests and ExpertiseResearch and Product Development, Manufacturing Process Engineering, Foundry Engineering, Quality Management and Engineering, Statistical Process Control, Quality Systems and Audits, Engineering Cost Analysis
CoursesCADM 122 Engineering Graphics I
FMGT 432 Senior Seminar in Facility Management
MFG 203 Industrial Operations
QUAL 420 Industrial Quality Control
MFG 636 Analysis of Manufacturing Processes
MFG 641 Materials of Industry
MFG 649 Manufacturing Process Planning
QUAL 550 Advanced Statistical Process Control
QUAL 552 Quality Planning
QUAL 553 Geometric and Surface Texture Tolerancing
QUAL 555 Quality Audits
EM 547 Management of Research,Development and Technology.
COT 705 Technology Design, Development and Transfer.
- D. Fields, Statistical Tools for Continuous Improvement, HFG, LLC, Southfield, MI 1999.
- D. Fields & W. Tucker, Manufacturing Process Engineering, EMU Center for Quality, Ypsilanti, MI 1993. (for General Motors Corporation)
- D. Fields, A Study of Factors Associated With the Transfer of Statistical Process Control Training to Shop-floor Applications, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 1991. (Ph.D. Dissertation)
- D. Fields, Manufacturing Processes, Beal & Assoc., Ypsilanti, MI, 1989. (for Ford Motor Company)